Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lauren Curtis: Artist & Guest Blogger

Hello readers! First off, I'd like to thank Anna Mae for "cross-blogging" with me & I hope you'll find this interesting as I'm one of the artists Anna Mae refers her clients to when they're in need of designs.

I was graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Mason Gross School of the Arts (Rutgers University) in 1988, and have since been selling my work throughout the U.S. and in Europe. I have participated in over 90 solo, juried & group exhibitions, and am a member of several NJ Arts organizations.




My work is shown in galleries, Holistic & Crafter Expos, health centers, & was accepted for a solo exhibit at Johnson & Johnson World Headquarters in 2009. The various media I work with include oils, acrylics, pen & ink, watercolor, pencil, charcoals and photography, along with a working knowledge of Photoshop.

I have been commissioned to create a wide range of artwork, including historical illustrations, pet portraits, paintings, graphics and designs for crafter (RUBBER STAMPS!) & greeting card companies. My illustrations, photographs and poetry have appeared in national & international printed & on-line publications.





I enjoy the challenge of creating pieces to meet my client’s needs, as well as my own self-expressive fine artworks. Much of my work focuses on nature and travel-related subject matter, as I love to journey to new places as often as I can. I work in a variety of styles, depending on the project I'm creating or the client I'm working for.











Included in this blog are a few images of my paintings & stamp art. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or for further information. If you'd like to see more, here are my websites & blog (Anna Mae has a post on my blog!)

Lauren Curtis

http://www.laurencurtisart.com/ (commercial & fine art)
http://www.laurencurtisart.mosaicglobe.com/ (fine art, photography, art updates)
http://www.laurencurtis.imagekind.com/ (cards, T-shirts, photography, illustration)
http://www.laurencurtis.wordpress.com/ (my NEW Blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment